AA Varsity Football
2015 Pre-Season Predictions
The Early Look
Spring Football has not yet run its course, but there has surely been activity in the weight room, at camps, within coaching staffs and in general within the respective programs. Graduation has hit some programs hard and conversely, the varsity has benefited at several locations from strong JV classes moving-up.
My intuition tells me that the 2015 season is going to be a wide-open affair that will feature a lot of movement among the top five to ten teams headed in to the playoffs. The playoffs themselves will be very competitive. It is far too early at this point to pick a winner, but I have a pretty good hunch that at least one of the finalists will hail from the Valley.
1. Abbottsford Panthers: Explosive offense, aggressive defense.
2. G.W. Graham Grizzlies: Size matters! Much momentum from 13/14 JV's and depth.
3. John Barsby Bulldogs: A very interesting mix this year. JV's two years ago were very average. Much to prove to themselves as a program.
4. Vernon Panthers: The great Hope North of Hope! Program hitting its stride!!
5. Ballenas Whalers: Power and vertical stretch. Technicians looking to take it another step.
6. Hugh Boyd Trojans: A very solid class of 11's and 12's. The foundation is SOLID.
7. Mission Roadrunners: A threat to run the table if they get their game breakers in place.
8. Holy Cross Crusaders: On the rise! Power football is back at HC.
9. Pitt Meadow Marauders: Living up to their namesake, the Marauders now have speed to go with the brawl.
10. Windsor Dukes: Varsity Dukes have much experience and are more complete than in past three years. Will be nasty to tangle with by mid-season.
Ranking The Conferences
1. Eastern: A great game on the schedule for every team, every week of conference play.
2. Western: Not too far off the East. The 2014 campaign showed much parity at the end.
3. Okanagen: Vernon, Valleyview and Fulton are tough, the rest are catching-up.
4. Southern: There is the top two teams and then the rest.
5. North: Getting more competitive for sure. Still a one horse race though.
1. Abbottsford Panthers:
2. G.W. Graham Grizzlies
3. Mission Roadrunners
4. Pitt Meadows Marauders
5. Rick Hansen Hurricanes
7. Robert Bateman Timberwolves
1. Duchess Park Condors
2. Prince George Polars
3. Nechako Valley Vikings
4. Kelley Road Roadrunners
5. College Heights Cougars
6. Correlieu Clansmen
1. Vernon Panthers
2. Valleyview Vikings
3. Clarence Fulton Maroons
4. Westsyde Blue Wave
5. South Kamloops Titans
6. Mt. Baker Wild
1. Hugh Boyd Trojans
2. Holy Cross Crusaders
3. Frank Hurt Hornets
4. Moscrop Panthers
5. Langley Saints
1. John Barsby Bulldogs
2. Ballenas Whalers
3. Windsor Dukes
4. Carson Graham Eagles
5. Nanaimo District Islanders